Table of contents
What is Rabwyn DSR Capsule?
Rabwyn DSR Capsule is a medication marketed by WYNCLARK PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD. It is a combination of two drugs, Domperidone and Rabeprazole.
- Domperidone is a medication that helps to relieve nausea and vomiting. It works by blocking dopamine receptors in the brain, which can help reduce nausea.
- Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor that helps reduce stomach acid production. This can help to relieve symptoms of acid reflux and heartburn.
Rabwyn DSR Capsule is commonly used to treat conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), acid reflux, and dyspepsia. It is also used to treat nausea and vomiting associated with these conditions.
As with any medication, Rabwyn DSR Capsule may cause side effects. Common side effects include headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, and stomach pain. In rare cases, it may cause more severe side effects, such as liver problems or an allergic reaction.
It is essential to talk to your doctor before taking this medication to determine if it is right for you and to discuss any potential risks or side effects.
Overall, Rabwyn DSR Capsule is a medication that can effectively treat certain gastrointestinal conditions. However, it is essential to use it only as directed by a healthcare professional and to be aware of any potential side effects.
Dosage of Rabwyn DSR Capsule
To take Rabwyn DSR Capsules, swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water. It is recommended to take the capsule before a meal, usually once or twice a day, as directed by your doctor. Do not crush, chew or break the capsule, as this may affect the effectiveness of the medication.
It is essential to inform your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Rabwyn DSR Capsules or have any underlying medical conditions that may interact with the medication.
Precautions & Warnings
Here are some of the precautions and warnings associated with Rabwyn DSR Capsule:
- This medication should not be taken by patients allergic to either Domperidone or Rabeprazole.
- Patients with a history of liver or kidney disease should use caution when taking this medication.
- Rabwyn DSR Capsule should not be taken by pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting a healthcare professional.
- This medication may interact with other medicines, including antifungal drugs, blood thinners, and anti-inflammatory drugs. It is essential to inform your doctor of all medications you are currently taking before starting this medication.
- Rabwyn DSR Capsule may cause dizziness or drowsiness in some patients. Patients should only operate heavy machinery or drive a vehicle once they know how this medication affects them.
- Patients should not consume alcohol while taking this medication as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Patients should not crush or chew the capsule. The capsule should be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
If you experience any side effects or are concerned about taking Rabwyn DSR Capsule, speaking with your healthcare provider is essential.
Like all medications, Rabwyn DSR Capsules can cause side effects in some people. The most common side effects of this medication include:
- Abdominal pain
In rare cases, more severe side effects can occur. These may include:
- Allergic reactions, such as hives or difficulty breathing
- Irregular heartbeat or chest pain
- Severe stomach pain or cramps
- Bloody or black stools
- Seizures or tremors
You should seek medical attention immediately if you experience these symptoms while taking Rabwyn DSR Capsules. It is also essential to let your doctor know if you are taking any other medications, as they may interact with this medication and increase the risk of side effects.
As with any medication, there are potential drug interactions to be aware of when taking Rabwyn DSR Capsule. Here are some of the most common drug interactions:
- Antacids: The effectiveness of Rabeprazole may be reduced when taken with antacids.
- Antibiotics: Some antibiotics, such as clarithromycin and erythromycin, may interact with Rabeprazole and increase the risk of side effects.
- Antifungal medications: Certain antifungal medications, such as ketoconazole and itraconazole, may interact with Rabeprazole and increase the risk of side effects.
- Blood thinners: Rabeprazole may increase the effects of blood thinners, such as warfarin, and increase the risk of bleeding.
- Anti-seizure medications: Some anti-seizure medications, such as phenytoin and carbamazepine, may interact with Domperidone and reduce effectiveness.
- Anti-depressants: Certain anti-depressants, such as fluoxetine and paroxetine, may interact with Domperidone and increase the risk of side effects.
You must talk to your doctor or pharmacist about any medications you are taking before starting Rabwyn DSR Capsule to avoid potential interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rabwyn DSR Capsule is a medication that contains Domperidone 30 MG and Rabeprazole 20 MG. Here are some frequently asked questions about this medication:
Rabwyn DSR Capsule treats gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other conditions caused by excessive acid production in the stomach. It helps to reduce symptoms such as heartburn, acidity, and indigestion.
Rabwyn DSR Capsule should be taken orally, preferably before a meal. It should be swallowed whole with water and not crushed or chewed. It is essential to follow the dosage and instructions given by your doctor.
The common side effects of Rabwyn DSR Capsule include headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, constipation, and stomach pain. If you experience severe side effects such as difficulty breathing or skin rash, seek medical attention immediately.
Taking Rabwyn DSR Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding is not recommended without consulting your doctor. They will advise you on the risks and benefits of taking this medication during these periods.
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking Rabwyn DSR Capsule as it may increase the risk of side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
No, Rabwyn DSR Capsule is not addictive. However, it is essential to follow the dosage and instructions given by your doctor to ensure safe and effective use of this medication.