In today’s modern world, herbal remedies are on the rise to provide various health benefits. One such herb is Shakhpushpi. It provides various cognitive and overall health benefits, but what is the age limit for it?
In this comprehensive guide, Saurabh Jadhav, a registered pharmacist, will explain the Shankhpushpi Syrup Age Limit and all other information about it.
Table of contents
What is Shankhpushpi Syrup?
Shankhpushpi syrup is a well-known herbal formulation made from the plant extract of Convolvulus prostratus Forssk. Traditionally, it has been used for anxiolytic, anti-diabetic, neuroprotective, immunomodulatory, and analgesic properties.
The syrup is commonly used to support cognitive function and overall well-being.
What is Shankhpushpi Syrup Age Limit?
Shankhpushpi syrup can be taken by children aged 2 years and older, but it’s crucial to follow the dosage recommendations specified on the product label or as advised by an Ayurvedic practitioner.
When giving any herbal or dietary supplement to young children, it’s essential to use caution and ensure that you are using a product specifically formulated for paediatric use.
Remember, the dose for paediatrics and adults varies significantly, so use it accordingly. You can use the following dosage calculator to get the correct dose.
Shankhpushpi Dosage Calculator
Shankhpushpi Syrup Dosage Calculator
Enter your age (years):
Enter your weight (kg):
Benefits of Shankhpushpi Syrup
Shankhpushpi syrup is a popular and traditional Ayurvedic medicine. It is believed to offer several potential health benefits, although scientific research on some of these claims is limited. Here are some of the reported benefits of Shankhpushpi:
- Treating Anxiety and Depression: Shankhpushpi is often used as a natural remedy to alleviate symptoms of anxiety and depression. It is believed to have calming properties that can help reduce stress and anxiety levels. However, more scientific research is needed to confirm its efficacy in treating these conditions.
- Improving Skin Conditions: Some traditional uses of Shankhpushpi include improving skin health. It is thought to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that may help with various skin issues.
- Improving Memory and Cognitive Function: Shankhpushpi is traditionally used to enhance memory and cognitive function. Some studies suggest that it may have neuroprotective properties and potentially improve cognitive abilities. However, further research is needed to establish its clinical effectiveness.
- Reducing Stress: Shankhpushpi is believed to have adaptogenic properties, meaning it may help the body adapt to stress and reduce its negative effects. This can potentially contribute to overall stress reduction and improved well-being.
- Treating Conditions Such as insomnia: In Ayurvedic medicine, Shankhpushpi is used as a remedy for sleep disorders like insomnia. It is thought to have sedative effects that can help promote relaxation and better sleep.
- Diabetes: Some traditional uses of Shankhpushpi include managing diabetes. It is believed to have properties that can help regulate blood sugar levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Shankhpushpi syrup is generally considered safe for children above the age of 2. However, it is recommended to consult with an ayurvedic paediatrician for its safety and specific dosing recommendations.
Shankhpushpi syrup is usually well-tolerated when used within the recommended age limit and dosage. However, it may cause mild side effects like headaches, nausea, and dizziness if taken in excess. If you notice any adverse effects, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
Shankhpushpi Syrup can be taken by any adult and even childrens above the age of 2 years.
Shankhpushpi syrup can be purchased from various herbal and Ayurvedic stores, as well as online retailers. Ensure you choose a reputable source to purchase high-quality products. We recommend buying it from Amazon so that you get a genuine product.
Yes, Shankhpushpi Syrup can be used for a longer term. however, we recommend you to take a break of 15 days after every 3 months. this will allow you to get maximum benefits from it.