Table of contents
What is Gabacel-M Tablet?
Gabacel-M Tablet is a prescription medication by Aishwarya Healthcare, designed for neuropathic pain.
It combines Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin to reduce pain from conditions like diabetes or spinal cord injury.
Gabapentin modulates nerve cell calcium channels, while Methylcobalamin aids nerve cell rejuvenation. Taken orally, with or without food, it’s crucial to follow the prescribed schedule.
How does it work?
Gabacel-M Tablet works by combining Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin. Gabapentin modulates calcium channels in nerve cells, reducing the transmission of pain signals.
Methylcobalamin, a form of vitamin B, promotes the production of myelin, protecting and rejuvenating damaged nerve cells.
Gabacel-M Tablet Uses
Gabacel-M Tablet is primarily used for the treatment of neuropathic pain. Specifically, it is beneficial in managing chronic pain associated with nerve damage caused by conditions such as diabetes, shingles, or spinal cord injuries.
The tablet aims to reduce pain and address related symptoms like mood changes, sleep problems, and fatigue.
Overall, Gabacel-M Tablet is designed to enhance the physical and social functioning of individuals experiencing persistent neuropathic pain.
Gabacel-M Tablet may cause some common side effects. While most of these side effects are usually mild and temporary, it’s important to talk to your doctor if they persist or if you have any concerns.
Common side effects of Gabacel-M Tablet include:
- Uncoordinated body movements
These side effects may affect your ability to perform activities that require concentration, such as driving.
It’s advisable to avoid such activities until you understand how the medication affects you.
Precautions & Warnings
- Alcohol Interaction: Consumption of alcohol may intensify drowsiness; it is advised to avoid alcohol while using Gabacel-M Tablet.
- Pregnancy: Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, as there may be potential risks to the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and risks before prescribing the medication.
- Breastfeeding: While generally considered safe, breastfeeding mothers should monitor their baby for excessive sleepiness and weight gain.
- Driving: Gabacel-M Tablet may cause drowsiness, affecting alertness and vision. Avoid driving or engaging in activities requiring concentration if these symptoms occur.
- Kidney Issues: Use with caution in patients with kidney disease; dose adjustment may be necessary. Consult your doctor.
- Liver Issues: Limited information is available for the use of Gabacel-M Tablet in patients with liver disease. Consult your doctor for guidance.
Remember, these precautions are essential, but individual responses can vary.
Always follow your healthcare provider’s advice and inform them of any existing health conditions or medications you are taking.
Drug Interactions with Gabacel-M Tablet:
- May intensify drowsiness; limit or avoid alcohol consumption.
- Some antacids may affect Gabacel-M Tablet’s efficacy; consult your doctor.
- Known interaction; be cautious when using with Gabacel-M Tablet.
- Opioid Pain or Cough Relievers:
- Combining with Gabacel-M Tablet may increase the risk of severe side effects.
- Sleep or Anxiety Medications:
- Medications like alprazolam, lorazepam, or zolpidem may interact; inform your doctor.
- Muscle Relaxants:
- Carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine, and similar drugs may enhance drowsiness; exercise caution.
- Cetirizine, diphenhydramine, and related medications may cause drowsiness; consult your pharmacist.
- Other Gabapentin-containing Medications:
- Avoid combining Gabacel-M Tablet with other medications containing gabapentin, including gabapentin enacarbil.
Use in Pregnancy
Talk your doctor before using Gabacel-M Tablet during pregnancy, as potential risks to the developing baby have been observed in animal studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Gabacel-M Tablet is primarily used for treating neuropathic pain, commonly associated with conditions like diabetes, shingles, or spinal cord injuries.
Caution is advised, as Gabacel-M Tablet may cause drowsiness. Avoid driving or activities requiring focus until you understand how the medication affects you.
It is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. However, monitor your baby for excessive sleepiness and weight gain.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Yes, Gabacel-M Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol. It’s recommended to limit or avoid alcohol consumption.