Fliban Tablet, containing Flibanserin 100 mg, is a medication manufactured by Centurion Laboratories in India. It is primarily prescribed for the treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in premenopausal women.
HSDD is a condition characterised by a persistent lack of sexual interest and a distressing loss of libido, which can significantly impact a woman’s quality of life.
Fliban Tablet Uses
Fliban Tablet is a medication primarily used to treat a condition known as hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in women. HSDD is characterised by a persistent lack of sexual desire or interest in sexual activity, which causes distress or interpersonal difficulties.
Here are the primary uses of Fliban Tablet:
- Treatment of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD): Fliban Tablet is FDA-approved to address HSDD in premenopausal women. It works by affecting certain neurotransmitters in the brain, increasing sexual desire, and potentially leading to more satisfying sexual experiences.
- Improving Sexual Satisfaction: By increasing sexual desire, Fliban Tablet aims to enhance sexual satisfaction for women who experience HSDD. It can lead to an increase in the frequency of satisfying sexual encounters and a reduction in distress related to low sexual desire.
It’s essential to note that Fliban Tablet is not a “female Viagra” or a quick-fix solution for sexual problems. It works differently from medications for erectile dysfunction in men.
Fliban Tablet is designed to address the underlying psychological and neurochemical factors contributing to HSDD in women.
Mechanism of Action of Fliban Tablet
Flibanserin, an active ingredient in Fliban Tablet, is a medication that helps improve a person’s sex drive, specifically in women with a condition called hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD).
It works by affecting certain chemicals in the brain, such as serotonin and dopamine, which play a role in mood and sexual desire.
In simple terms, flibanserin helps balance these brain chemicals, which can lead to an increase in sexual desire and an improved overall sexual experience for some women with HSDD.
It doesn’t work like a traditional aphrodisiac but helps address underlying factors that may be causing a reduced interest in sexual activities.
Like all medications, Fliban tablets can have side effects. Common side effects of flibanserin may include:
- Dry mouth
- Low blood pressure
- Increased risk of accidents
It’s essential to note that Fliban tablets should not be taken with alcohol or certain medications due to the risk of severe interactions.
Precautions & Warnings
- Avoid alcohol: Don’t consume alcohol while taking Flibanserin, as it can lead to low blood pressure and fainting.
- Pregnancy risk: Inform your doctor if you’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Liver problems: Tell your doctor about any liver conditions, as flibanserin may affect liver function.
- Medication interactions: Discuss all medications and supplements with your doctor to avoid potential interactions.
- Drowsiness: Be cautious while driving or operating machinery, as flibanserin may cause drowsiness.
- Low blood pressure: Monitor for signs of low blood pressure, such as dizziness or fainting.
- Discontinue slowly: If discontinuing, do so gradually under medical supervision to minimise side effects.
- No alcohol recovery: Avoid Flibanserin if you’ve had an alcohol use disorder in the past.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fliban Tablet is a medication containing Flibanserin 100 mg. It is primarily prescribed for the treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) in premenopausal women. HSDD is a condition characterized by a persistent lack of sexual desire that causes distress or interpersonal difficulties.
Fliban Tablet works by affecting certain neurotransmitters in the brain, which can help increase sexual desire in women with HSDD. It is thought to rebalance the chemicals responsible for sexual desire.
No, Fliban Tablet is specifically indicated for premenopausal women diagnosed with hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) by a healthcare professional. It is not intended for use by men or postmenopausal women.
Consuming alcohol while taking Fliban tablets is not recommended, as it may increase the risk of side effects such as low blood pressure and fainting.
No, Fliban Tablet is typically available by prescription only. It should be obtained and used under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.